I had a chance to attend the talk of Jollibee's PR head. She discussed how the Valentine videos Vow, Date and Crush went viral. They hired indie film directors, conducted auditions and workshops for actors and bought rights of original song they used. The PR head even mentioned that other companies did not release their respective pre-made Valentine videos because thy are afraid of being accused of copying Jollibee.
1. Have a solid and clear strategic intent
2. Anchor your campaign on a powerful truth
3. Stay true to what your brand stands for
4. Consider relevance and relatability
5. Choose your story wisely
6. Powerful story telling
7. Understand the power of social media
8. Great timing
9. Campaign amplification
10. Create and nurture a collaborative team
More marketing or campaign strategy tips given. Click here to watch video
The indie film directors' popularity also increased they got many Facebook friend requests.
Things I learned in the talk:
1. Make videos that people can relate to and include parts that happen in real life.
2. Include stories that are not always in the mainstream or 'gasgas' na. A twist in the story helps.
3. If it is a love story most likely Filipinos will watch it since most telenovelas and movies int he Philippines are about love stories.
3. Plan when is the right timing to release the videos. Do not upload during office or sleeping hours.
4. Free PRs had a lot of contribution to making videos viral since there is share button in Facebook.
5. Have a budget for these videos and do quality planning. If you do not have a committee or many people to consult with like individual vloggers it would not be easy.
6. Post some teasers (posters, short video clips) days before the main campaign
Knowing Jollibee is a big company I can say they have more man power, budget and advantages than individual bloggers.
Working with limited budget, individual bloggers/vloggers are their own photographers, videographers, makeup artists, set design builders, marketers, script writer.
Unfortunately nowadays some viral videos have negative impact to the society like controversies, broken relationships, and pornography. It is a challenge for us individual bloggers to make videos viral that have good content that will inspire others.
Just like any company they keep monthly and even daily records of their statistics like fb views, likes, shares, youtube views, etc monthly and even daily. Individual bloggers/vloggers will have a hard time tracking all these especially the number of products that they were able to sell if the products are also available in malls.
Trivias or Behind the Scenes of Videos
Click links to watch videos
Click links to watch videos
Curious why is Jollibee the mascot? Click here to watch video